But why aren’t there more men trying to follow suite to The Man of Steel? I mean, what’s not to admire? Naturally he has undergone some changes since 1938, but there are some characteristics that have remained.
- Working for the greater good of mankind– Well, if that isn’t philanthropy at its best then what is? I find that men are most sexy when they pursue to better the world (small or large, as long as there is an altruistic nature). If more people sought to help others, can you imagine the ripple effect?
- Fearless– Kal-EL/Clark Kent didn’t shriek when things got tough, or thought his hair would get or perfect jawline would suffer in the act. Nope. He just went head on, he was a doer.
- Perfectly coiffed hair– Okay, okay, I know this is a bit shallow, but let’s face it, this man took care of his hair (as seen by the representation of the ever sexy Henry Cavill in the latest installment). It only takes a minute for men, regular human men.
- Thirst of knowledge– I believe that Superman had a healthy thirst for knowledge. I mean, yes he is working at the Daily Planet to get the first scoop on Earth shattering news, but I think it’s also because he is the kind of guy how is always up for a good “Did you know” session.
- Love of family– Don’t be fooled, a man who loves his family, and respects them is something to really emulate.
With all that said, I’m sure Superman was never hooking-up with multiple women at the same time, or seeking a job where he could make tons of money rather than seeking happiness. I don’t think so. I think that there is something about The Man of Steel we can all take away, and I hope we do. Nice guys don’t finish last. That’s a lie Zod started.
Oh, and working out never hurt… just saying 😉