This is incredibly overdue. I want to apologize deeply for my tardiness in accepting this award by the very sweet and soon to be married writeinthewrongway. A couple of days ago Ned from Ned’sblog posted his overdue award acceptance and then it made me realize that I had overseen mine in the haste of my friends wedding and the restrictions that I have to post now that I work full time. Nonetheless, there is no excuse. So with that I would like to say thank you to writeinthewrongway and Ned. I hope I truly do inspire you in some way, even if it is to laugh, cry, or just question why I haven’t been snatched up for a new Kinsey study. As for always being there, it is a two way street and I can’t help that your (Ned) encouragement has allowed me to continue writing without feeling like there is no one out there listening. There are a couple of things that I need to do to in order to properly accept these awards:
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display the award certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whomever presented you with the award.
- 15 bloggers who deserve the recognition
- Drop a comment to them and let them know J
- Share 7 interesting things about yourself.
So without any delay (because let’s be honest I have really missed the train here already) here are is my list of whom I believe deserve this award.
- The Dimwit Diary – In my opinion one of the most honest blog’s around. There is something so uplifting about reading someone’s posts who doesn’t hold back. He is one of the good guys.
- Things my Ex said – Makes me laugh, I love comics! What better way to uplift yourself than seeing you’re not the only one who has been dumped incredibly dumb men and feel camaraderie by reading the stuff they say?!
- Ned’s Blog– I look forward to reading his post’s everyday. Whenever blue or in a funky mood I feel happy to find sanctuary here and laugh at the fact that I may now have to learn to measure my weight in harpos? Ned, I know you have just undergone accepting a ton of these, but I can’t help but mention you because to me you really are part of my wordpress family.
- don of all trades – Funny, honest, and has an enormous love for his family. I keep myself in stitches reading about the kind of people he meets… especially those at the beginning of the month. A dad of three and also a police officer, put those two together and you’re bound to see the world in a different, more rib-tickling way.
- Being Riley – I have to stand by those who are newly single and trying to find their footing. Wonderful wirier.
- Sex & The Cincy– Sassy is one word to describe this blogger. If you have any questions in the relationships then she is a go to person. No topic is too taboo. Love it.
- The Upturned Microscope – I am a nerd. I love science, and I love comics. But those together and you have an amazing blog. I had a stint in a lab and I feel like I can relive those days with his incredibly accurate description of lab culture with a dash of science of course.
- Fun Girls Live Better– A woman after my own heart. I love reading her blog; from competing in races to how come we don’t look perfect when we wake up in the morning.
- Rant and Roll– words can’t really describe the happiness that engulfs me when I read her blog. When the Boston Bombing occurred I found solace with post, she was able to put into words what I couldn’t, and that’s just one of her beautiful and uplifting posts. Thank you for always being there.
- King of the hills – I have days when I can’t even think about running. But then I come here and know that all I have to do is put on my shoes and I will find comfort in my run.
- The Baggage Handler – This blog tells is about one man switching sides and becoming and under cover informant. Not only are his posts jaw droppingly awesome, but it uncovers the many layers of humanity. Very excited to have him publish his book 🙂
- Jerrica’s Jerks– She says the things I wish I could say at times. Her posts are full of honest, WTF humor. Not for the faint of heart. I absolutely think she is a gem and should be applauded… honesty and the candid way she demonstrates it is a national treasure (to me).
Now the hardest part for me. Sharing 7 interesting thing about me:
- When I was little I used to draw a comic strip. It was about a chubby girl who had struggled to get a date in school, usually for school functions. I don’t know why they say that art mimics life….
- I once passed myself off as an Athletic Trainer at the University I worked for. He thought I was, and I didn’t bother to correct him. Let’s just say I totally relieved that soreness he was having by his groin (we are still friends to this day, and he loves that story to this day).
- My first celebrity crush was Michael J. Fox, at the tender age of 6, haha… I still think that guy is absolutely amazing and ridiculously handsome.
- I can more than likely figure out a song I listen to on my guitar or viola.
- I love nerds. All you have to do is talk nerdy to me and you have my complete undivided attention. Steven Hawkings….Hooooooooootttttt 😉
- I dream in French sometimes… I know it okay, but I have full blown dreams in French, and then I wake up asking “where the hell were the sub-titles!?!”
- I carry a small bottle of liquor in my purse… you never know when life is going to throw you a curve ball. Currently I have a little vodka bottle-berry flavor.
This award is very personal. This award acknowledges fellow blogger for their support and encouragement. I can’t even begin to say how important you all have been to me. I want to take this time and thank Ned Hickson. His manner of putting things in perspective always keeps me in laughing, which in turn causes those in my office to come to my cubicle and ask if I’m crying (nope, just laughing). As a humor columnist he has a keen way of taking everyday life and turning it into a humorous observation of sorts; from giving your pet his meds, to taking the kids to the lake. He always looks at the humorous side of life, and also has the ability to let us remember how grateful we should be for the people we have let in our lives. Keeping with tradition I will name three bloggers for the ‘Always Here if You Need Me ‘award:
Ned’s Blog- I’m not sure if I’m allowed to return the favor, but I can’t honestly go on with this without acknowledging you as my top supporter. Thank you for always having a humorous way of looking at life, and inspiring me to look at it the same way everyday.
The Baggage Handler- Thank you for always been genuine and being there for me; specially in regards to We Broke the Chain.
Rant and Roll- I truly appreciate your support, it makes my little heart smile 🙂
But to all readers, commentators, and those who happen to pass by on accident, you are all much appreciated!