I would like to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! I find this to be a true and wonderful honor bestowed upon me by Pinkroses & Wine. Tatiana is wonderful writer and am flattered that she would think of me and my blog as worthy of such a nomination. I felt pretty wonderful about this that I celebrated with a glass of wine, which I am sure she would very much approve of.
In order to accept this nomination I need to answer 11 questions that Tatiana posted for her nominees, and nominated 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions for them to answer. So without further ado, here are my answered questions, and my nominees, enjoy!
1. Why did you start your blog?
Well, that is a loaded question! It really started with a need to have a release for my feelings and thoughts on things that didn’t resonate with my friends who are mostly interested in sports only, or athletic related fields. Since I don’t receive the same kind of enthusiasm I put out for them when they talk about the mobility of a shoulder on a rehab patient I decided to write and let my thoughts out and share my funny life stories, opinions, or shenanigans Turns out I feel happier when I blog! It has helped me with safely getting some issues or feelings off my chest with great satisfaction. The added bonus is I get to read other people’s blogs and feel incredibly connected and not so lonely.
2. What has been your biggest life lesson thus far?
Stick to your guns! I wanted to be an archaeologist since I could walk, if I had just done what I knew was meant for me from the start I probably would have a PhD already in my field (anthropology, archaeology is a sub field in anthropology).
3. Red or White? (WINE of course)
Red! It’s a go to when you’re having a rough day or just need to savor life 🙂
4. What is your favorite quote?
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck- Dalai Lama
5. Where is your dream vacation spot?
Oh, somewhere where the horses run free on open green hills overlooking the ocean (Ireland?) I get a sense of freedom and enlightenment when I see a green field that I just have to run through it, preferably with my dog.
6. What has been your biggest lesson in love?
You have to love yourself first! Every part of you. To know yourself, otherwise you will never let the love you deserve in.
7. Name three things you could not live without.
- My family- this includes friends who I deem to be family and Landon my dog
- A journal- my craziness must find solace and rest somewhere
- Running shoes- I need to be able to escape by foot!
8. What has been your proudest moment thus far?
Actually, my proudest moment thus far is right now. I am in the midst of taking the next step towards my goals and dreams. I am doing what makes me happiest – pursuing my career in evolutionary anthropology.
9. What is the #1 thing on your bucket list?
To become the first anthropologist to be awarded the Nobel Prize! I want contribute to humanity in a way that will revolutionize the way we deal with disease, health, and approach to life.
10. What is the “fun fact” you usually use during ice breakers?
Im full of crazy useless knowledge, so it depends of the person and situation. But it more than likely it would be a historical fact or incident.
11. If you could have your ideal life in 5 years what would it look like?
I would be pursuing my Phd (half way actually) and be fully funded by NSF GRFP conducting my own research. I would have two dogs and my family close by. I would also have published my first book (which I slowly work on) 🙂
Here are my nominations:
3. Ned’s blog
11. Gen Y Girl
And here are your 11 questions:
1. If you could have one song as the theme song for your life, which song would it be?
2. Do you believe that it is better to have loved and lost than to never loved at all?
3. What can always bring a smile to your face?
4. Words you live by?
5. Biggest fear?
6. What is your favorite book?
7. What do you believe are your three best qualities?
8. If you could have any super power what would it be?
9. If you could marry a movie star would you? Who?
10. What is the most important thing life has taught you.
11. What is your funniest childhood story of yourself?